2017-2018 EXECUTIVE BOARD
President - Paige Bonds
Vice President - John Allen
Secretary – Kylie Lode
Treasurer – Brendon Jones
Administrative Contact – Danielle Lafferty - email@example.com
What is Student-Athlete Advisory Committee? (SAAC)
A student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes’ lives. There is a SAAC at the institution, conference and national levels. Pfeiffer University’s SAAC goals are to engage in community service projects, participate in the Division III partnership with Special Olympics, build a sense of community within each athletic team, and develop student-athlete leaders.
1. To serve as a liaison between the student-athlete population and the Pfeiffer University Administration as well as that of the Athletics Department.
2. To provide an opportunity for the student-athlete population to communicate more formally and more effectively with these administrative bodies with regard to the needs and concerns of the student-athletes, especially in the areas of academics and personal well-being.
3. To encourage more active involvement by the student-athletes in campus and community projects.
4. To encourage unity, common purpose, and camaraderie between teams and among all student-athletes at Pfeiffer University.
Membership is comprised of at least 2 student-athletes from all 19 Varsity sports teams. To view the SAAC Constitution, click HERE.
- Serve as a voice for all student-athletes at Pfeiffer University.
- Promote a positive image of student-athletes on campus.
- Provide insight on proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Fundraise annually for the Division III partnership, Special Olympics.
- Create an opportunity for student-athletes to communicate with the athletic department administration.
- Provide an opportunity for student–athletes to assemble, to discuss, and to enhance their experience at Pfeiffer University on and off the field.
- Organize and encourage involvement of Pfeiffer University’s students on campus and in community projects.
- Use team representatives to distribute information concerning the student-athletes experience to their respective team.
FALCON CUP -
Falcon Cup is a joint effort by SAAC to create a team competition designed to encourage participation in school activities while rewarding academic and athletic excellence amongst all athletes on campus.
PAST FALCON CUP CHAMPIONS
2016-17: Women's Soccer & Women's Tennis
2015-16: Women's Soccer
2012-2013: Women’s Lacrosse
2011-2012: Women’s Lacrosse
2010-2011: Women's Lacrosse
2009-2010: Women's Lacrosse
2008-2009: Men's Swimming
2007-2008: Men's Basketball