2015-2016 EXECUTIVE BOARD
SAAC Chair –Brandon Boyd (Men's XC / track and field) and Matthew Michaeli (Men's lacrosse)
Secretary – Jaclyn Boever (Softball), assisted by CJ Dreyfuss (Men's golf)
Treasurer – Dana Keeran (Women's soccer), assisted by Madeline Gadd (Women's soccer)
Administrative Contact – Kirsty Montignani - firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Student-Athlete Advisory Committee? (SAAC)
A student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on NCAA member institution campuses. Pfeiffer University’s SAAC goals are to engage in community service projects, participate in the division-wide fundraising Make-A-Wish Campaign, build a sense of community within each athletic team, and develop student-athlete leaders. SAAC members also offer input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on NCAA member institution campuses.
1. To serve as a liaison between the student-athlete population and the Pfeiffer University Administration as well as that of the Athletics Department.
2. To provide an opportunity for the student-athlete population to communicate more formally and more effectively with these administrative bodies with regard to the needs and concerns of the student-athletes, especially in the areas of academics and personal well-being.
3. To encourage more active involvement by the student-athletes in campus and community projects.
4. To encourage unity, common purpose, and camaraderie between teams and among all student-athletes at Pfeiffer University.
The membership is comprised of at least one student-athlete from each of the university’s 20 varsity intercollegiate athletics teams. To view the SAAC Constitution and Mission Statement, click HERE.
1. Attend all committee meetings and activities;
2. Represent the team's views at committee meetings;
3. Report on committee meetings to the team and coach
4. Organize team members to help with any special projects;
5. Actively assist the committee in achieving its goals.
To view the entire SAAC brochure, click HERE
SAAC holds a multitude of events throughout the year to raise funds for the Make a Wish Foundation. Events are organized by the members of SAAC and all members of Pfeiffer’s community are encouraged to participate in helping to raise funds and awareness for the cause. SAAC also works with multiple local outlets to organize and work towards many different means of community service.
Past Events Include:
FALCON CUP -
Falcon Cup is a joint effort by SAAC to create a team competition designed to encourage participation in school activities while rewarding academic and athletic excellence amongst all athletes on campus.
PAST FALCON CUP CHAMPIONS
2012-2013: Women’s Lacrosse
2011-2012: Women’s Lacrosse
2010-2011: Women's Lacrosse
2009-2010: Women's Lacrosse
2008-2009: Men's Swimming
2007-2008: Men's Basketball