DURHAM, N.C. – The Pfeiffer University's men's and women's track and field teams competed in the Atlantic Independent Championships on Thursday afternoon and both finished in 3rd place overall. Three new school records were set during the event.
- Junior Alison Webb (Concord, NC / Mt. Pleasant HS) had a strong day winning the javelin (36.49m), winning the hammer (27.53m) while finishing 2nd in the disc (28.11m), and 6th in the shot (8.95m)
- Junior Kylie Spencer (Pleasant Garden, NC / Southeast Guilford) had a full day winning the 1500m (5:14.16), finishing 2nd in the 800m (2:28.23) and 4th in the 5000m (22:04.56).
- Junior Tiffany Dingess (Asheboro, NC / Asheboro HS) turned in a 2nd-place performance in the hammer with a throw of 25.99m.
- Sophomore Cassidy Hooper (Highland, CA / Citrus Valley HS) had a strong day with a 3rd-place finish in the 1500m (5:16.35) and 4th in the 800m (2:29.82).
- Junior Samantha Smith (Ararat, VA / Patrick County HS) took the podium in the 800m with a 3rd-place finish, running 2:28.94.
- Freshman Keshon Roman (Midway, NC / North Davidson HS) won the 100m dash with a school record time of 10.93. He also had a podium finish (3rd) in the 200m with a time of 22.26.
- Senior Josh Wilhoit (Asheboro, NC / Southwest Randolph HS) won the men's steeple chase in a time of 10:35.63.
- Junior Matt Chavers (Culpeper, VA / Culpeper HS) won the men's hammer (47.05m) and won the discus (38.50m). He was 4th in the shot put (11.41m).
- Sophomore Dakota Freeman (Lexington, NC / Central Davidson) was 2nd in the 1500m run (4:16.05) and 4th in the 800m (2:04.51).
- The 4x100m team (Sean Bryan, Xavier Huntley, Cody Kelly, Keshon Roman) won and broke the school record running a time of 43.06.
- The 4x400m relay team (Cody Kelly, Xavier Huntley, Brandon Boyd, Dakota Freeman) broke the school record running a time of 3:35.69.
Pfeiffer will compete in the Conference Carolinas Championships in Central, SC on Friday, April 28 for a two-day event.