Winthrop Downs Pfeiffer Men In Exhibition
Rock Hill, S.C. (Nov. 25, 2019) –Rock Hill, S.C.— D.J. Burns Jr. led seven Winthrop players in double-figures with a career-high 19 points in a 127-83 victory over Pfeiffer, Monday evening at the Winthrop Coliseum.
- Taylan Rowe (15 points, 2 rebounds)
- Juwan Blanton (10 points, 1 assist)
- Jamaal David (9 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists)
WINTHROP (4-3, 0-0 BIG SOUTH)
- D.J. Burns Jr. (19 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block)
- Kyle Zunic (13 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals)
- Josh Corbin (16 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist)
- Winthrop jumped out to a 12-0 lead in less than two minutes, getting buckets from five different players during the run.
- Pfeiffer broke the scoring run at the 17:05 mark when Jamaal David (Clinton, Md.) hit a three-pointer to cut the Eagle lead to 12-3.
- The Falcons would cut further into the lead on a pair of Jerome Savoy free throws at 12:04 to make it 25-20.
- A Jamal David three-pointer at 8:15 make it 38-33 at 8:15 but Winthrop would extend their lead to as much as 18 points (59-41) and led 59-44 at halftime.
- Winthrop went on a 22-10 run over the first 7:53 of the half to take the 81-54 lead and never looked back
- The Winthrop lead would be pushed to as many as 45 points on their way to the 127-83 win.
Pfeiffer will hit the road for a game against Emory University at the Maryville Thanksgiving Classic in Maryville, Tenn. on Saturday, Nov. 30. Tipoff is slated for 2:00 p.m.